Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Recent Raw Meals and Prep

Meals from the past week. I feed twice daily, with breakfast being a smaller meal.

This past week, I fed seven different proteins-beef, venison, chicken, goat, pork, lamb, and turkey. As with humans, variety, including species, cuts, and organs, is important.

Frozen lamb lung.



Venison ribs, beef liver.



Ground green tripe.



Lamb hearts, goat spleen.



Beef heart.



Chicken leg quarter, beef liver.



Pork heart.



Turkey gizzards.



Venison, beef kidney.



Lamb heart.



Ground green tripe, duck necks.



Blue Ridge Beef Natural Mix.



Chicken leg quarter, beef liver.



Ground green tripe.



Beef heart, beef kidney.



I cut up and portioned out about 10 pounds of sheep liver. I go through about 8-10 lbs of liver per month. Between this and the venison liver I have left, I should be good for 6 weeks or so.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

  1. This looks so much easier than a lot of people make raw out to be!
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really not difficult! Approximately 80% meat (heart is considered meat), 10% organ (half of which is liver), and 10% bone

      Delete
    2. When I was trying to decide between raw and home cooked, I chose raw because for me it was easier and less time consuming.

      Delete
  2. Is pure raw meat balanced enough for dogs? Audi gets a blend of meat, organ, bones, veggies, fruit, and kelp. It runs about $12/4lbs. We switched Audi's diet because he's very sick and we are trying our best to improve his quality of life for his remaining months (year(s) if we're lucky).

    ReplyDelete
  3. All we can say it looks well yummy. Most important thing is it agrees with the dog and the owner finds it not too time consuming. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds interesting. I don't know anything about feeding raw. Do you freeze it? I will have to read back over some of your other posts. Bentley would probably love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. I have always thought of feeding raw, but never attempted it.
    ((husky hugz))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the howls!!