Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March Spoiled Rotten Box Review

Our March Petflow Spoiled Rotten Dog Box came in the mail today.  You can view reviews for January and February. 


 
The Goods
 





Kyjen Invincible Gecko.  Approximate retail value $13.49.  This is a large, stuffing-free toy with two large squeakers in it.  Supposedly the squeakers still squeak even if punctured.  I have read good things regarding the durability of Kyjen toys.  However, I don't feel this one will stand up next to my crew.  It's going in the bag to be taken to the shelter when I make my next drop off.


Ark Naturals Sea "Mobility" Mighty Beef Treats.  Approximate retail value $5.99.  Soft treats containing glucosamine for joint health.  Four treats contain 500 mg of glucosamine, which is about half of Neeko's daily dose.  The ingredients are decent, and this treat does not include yeast.  Yay!!  I will give all three woofers these treats, but reserve the bulk of them for Neeko.  This is not something I would necessarily go out of my way to purchase, but I will happily give them to my crew.
 

LED Bone Pet Safety Light.  Approximate retail value $2.99.  We don't do many night time walks in unlit areas.  Still, this is a handy gadget to have around.  I haven't tested it out, but I do like that it has an easy clip on it, so that it can quickly be placed on or taken off of a dog's collar.

Natural Balance Lamb & Brown Rice Jerky Bars.  Approximate retail value $7.99.  Soft treat bars with decent ingredients.  Easily broken into smaller pieces.  This is the first time I have seen these treats, and probably an item I would purchase on occasion.  These are also yeast-free, so Bruce can enjoy them as well.  I did give all three a small sample of these, and they were readily accepted.

Natural Balance Chicken & Sweet Potato Jerky Bars.  Approximate retail value $7.99.  Same product as above, but with slightly different ingredients, namely protein and carbs.  Again without yeast.  Natural Balance has made a name for itself selling limited-ingredient, single protein source kibbles for dogs with food allergies, and maintains that success with their treats.  As mentioned previously, this is something I would purchase on occasion.

True-Dose Calming for Dogs and Cats.  Approximate retail value $3.99.  The retail pharmacy at the hospital I work at, while small, actually has a decent selection of pet products.  They carry this line.  I have actually contemplated purchasing this product, along with the glucosamine, but couldn't bring myself to with it being $25 for a small bottle.  I'm delighted to have received four sample packs of it.  Bruce and Faolan both have some anxiety (I attribute it to them being rescues), and while Bruce takes medication, he does display anxious behaviors.  I will try this on both of them.
 
I am very pleased with this month's Spoiled Rotten Box, and am continuing the subscription. 
 
Does anyone else receive subscription boxes, for pets or themselves?  If so, what box/boxes do you receive?  I'm always wanting to try new stuff, particularly for my dogs.  If you know of another pet subscription box, please let me know!
 
P.S.-I ordered a Love With Food box for myself, and received it this month.  Very neat concept.  I also ordered a three month gift subscription for sister-in-law, and she loves it.  I learned of Love With Food from Jennifer at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love that you're so generous with the shelter!

    So far, we only do BarkBox because Pawalla and Spoiled Rotten isn't offered in Canada.

    I'd love to subscribe to all of them if I can, but I'd also be poor if I did.

    Love With Food looks like another great box. I'm a little sad that we don't have as many subscription boxes here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm becoming an addict. There's worse things to be addicted to, I suppose : )

      Delete
  2. Oh man, my dogs absolutely love their invincible gecko, its probably their favorite toy right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the howls!!